DEFxDC returns to Washington, DC on May 12th!
The Defense Entrepreneurs Forum invites you to participate in the second annual #DEFxDC event. Taking lessons learned from the business and entrepreneurial communities, a select group of established and emerging national security leaders have teamed up with Georgetown University’s Security Studies Program to take on some of the most critical defense issues of today.
The 1-day conference will take place at the Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies near Chinatown to brainstorm bold new solutions to key policy issues in the defense arena. This year’s two headlining topics are “Talent Management” and “Goldwater-Nichols Act Reform.”
Showcasing the keen insights of emerging leaders--both in and out of the military--you will be able to hear multiple TED talk-style conversations on these topics and participate in lively breakout sessions with the presenters and fellow attendees. An established defense leader will also take the stage to give the benefit of their perspective and at the days end you'll be invited to a complimentary post-conference reception.
Yet the purpose of this conference isn't limited to exchanging differing viewpoints, but to also find solutions, forge partnerships, and help develop skills that will foster a more innovative culture in the U.S. military. Throughout the day, during the hosted lunch, and at the post-conference reception attendees will have the unique chance to interact with a diverse group of practitioners and professionals from across services, industries, and backgrounds who all share a common passion and entrepreneurial spirit to tackle problems on a national scale. This year, we've also partnered with the Military Writers Guild to offer a writers workshop to truly help bring new ideas to life.
Date - Thursday, 12 May 2016
Location - Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies
Metro - Chinatown Metro stop on Red, Yellow, Green Lines
Attire - Business Casual
Schedule of Events
- Morning: Start with a high-energy breakfast reception and meet the other participants. Then, plenary remarks from 3 emerging leaders and a keynote address with interspersed networking activities.
- Lunch: Enjoy a fresh catered lunch while doing some disruptive ideation activities.
- Afternoon: Move into the Un-Conference and hear from an array of speakers with new ideas in development then divide into groups for the breakout sessions to dive deep into the problems and solutions for this year's topics.
- Happy Hour: Join us at Fado's for a hosted (read: free) happy hour to get the real creative juices and intellectual energy flowing.
- ALL MEALS INCLUDED! - Breakfast from Panera Bread, lunch from Potbelly, and a happy hour!
- Writers Workshop hosted by Military Writers Guild
We truly hope that you will join us in our endeavor to spur greater defense innovation and strengthen grassroots connections across the many communities, corporations, organizations, and agencies that operate at the intersection of policy and defense thinking. After all, it's the strength of the idea that matters most...not the title of the thinker.
Are you ready to share your thoughts?
Click here to register if unable to purchase tickets below.
- Dr. Kathleen Hicks (CSIS)
- The Honorable Brad Carson (DoD)
- LTG David Barno (USA, Ret.)
- Joshua Marcuse (OSD)
- COL Dave Maxwell (USA, Ret.)
- Tim Kane, Ph.D (Hoover Institution)
- Maj. Miriam Krieger (USAF)
- Capt. Chris Wood (USMC)
- LT Roger Misso (USN)
- Katherine Kidder (CNAS)
- Lauren Fish (Georgetown University)
- CPT Kevin Kleber (Georgetown University)
Contact the DEFx Team