DEFXDC RETURNS TO WASHINGTON, DC ON MAY 12TH!
The Defense Entrepreneurs Forum invites you to participate in the third annual #DEFxDC event: The Future Fight. As the U.S. military faces an uncertain future with a wide range of threats, what disruptive approaches and designs will ensure U.S. forces have the overwhelming advantage on the battlefield--the right people, the best technology, and the processes in place for rapid innovation? Taking lessons learned from the business and entrepreneurial communities, a select group of established and emerging national security leaders have teamed up with Georgetown University’s Security Studies Program to take on some of the most critical defense issues of today--and tomorrow.
The 1-day conference will take place at the Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies near Chinatown to brainstorm bold new solutions to key policy issues in the defense arena.
Showcasing the keen insights of emerging leaders--both in and out of the military--you will be able to hear multiple TED talk-style conversations on these topics and participate in lively breakout sessions with the presenters and fellow attendees. An established defense leader will also take the stage to give the benefit of their perspective and at the days end you'll be invited to a complimentary post-conference reception.
Yet the purpose of this conference isn't limited to exchanging differing viewpoints, but to also find solutions, forge partnerships, and help develop skills that will foster a more innovative culture in the U.S. military. Throughout the day, during the hosted lunch, and at the post-conference reception attendees will have the unique chance to interact with a diverse group of practitioners and professionals from across services, industries, and backgrounds who all share a common passion and entrepreneurial spirit to tackle problems on a national scale.
#DEFxDC2017: The Future Fight
Date - Friday, May 12th, 2017
Location - Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies
Metro - Chinatown Metro stop on Red, Yellow, Green Lines
Attire - Casual / Business Casual
Schedule of Events
- Morning: Start with a high-energy breakfast reception and meet the other participants. Then, plenary remarks from 3 emerging leaders from the military, policy, and entrepreneurial communities and a keynote address with interspersed networking activities.
- Lunch: Enjoy a fresh catered lunch while doing some disruptive ideation activities.
- Afternoon: Move into the Un-Conference and hear from an array of speakers with new ideas in development, then divide into groups for the breakout sessions to dive deep into critical professional skills development, including the principles of red teaming and a hands-on writing workshop.
- Happy Hour: Join us for a hosted (read: free) happy hour to get the real creative juices and intellectual energy flowing.
We truly hope that you will join us in our endeavor to spur greater defense innovation and strengthen grassroots connections across the many communities, corporations, organizations, and agencies that operate at the intersection of policy and defense thinking. After all, it's the strength of the idea that matters most...not the title of the thinker.
Are you ready to share your thoughts?
- Evan Burfield, Co-Founder, 1776DC
- Bess Dopkeen - OSD-CAPE
- Maj. Kevin Kenney, (USAF)
- CPT Kevin Kleber (USA) - Georgetown University
- Maj Miriam Krieger (USAF)
- Joshua Marcuse - Executive Director, Defense Innovation Board
- Scott Maucione - Federal News Radio
- Aaron Mehta - Defense News
- Jim Perkins - Executive Director, DEF
- Morgan Plummer - MD5
- Geoff Orazem - Co-Founder, Eastern Foundry
- Stephen Rodriguez - One Defense
- Chris Taylor, Hacking for Defense
- More to be announced!
Contact the DEFxDC Team