We hope you’ll be able to join us for another DEF Bloomington Drink & Think on Thursday, June 6th at The Dimension Mill at 5:30 PM. We’ll be hearing from a diverse panel of local community members about their experiences in national security innovation, particularly in working with investors. Come join us for a chance to learn more and meet other virtuous insurgents! Tickets are free, with spirits from Hotel Tango Artisan Distillery, plus beer and wine from Switchyard Brewery will be provided by our sponsor, the Indiana Innovation Institute (IN3).
Featured speakers include:
- Monica Price Hutchins, Principal Business & Financial Manager, Global Deterrence & Defense Dept, NSWC Crane. Also Angel Investor, Air Force TechStars Military Liaison & NavalX Agility Champion. Previously Deputy Director for SECNAV Strategy & Innovation, Pentagon.
- Matt Burkett, Deputy Director for Small Business, NSWC Crane. Serves as chief advisor on small business matters to NSWC Crane, advising on acquisition strategies, representing the command in small business outreach events and serves as the single point of contact for NSWC Crane on all small business matters.
- Chris Carroll, Dean – School of Business, Logistics, & Supply Chain Management and School of Information Technology, Ivy Tech Community College
- Mike Dodd, Director of Business Development for Indiana Innovation Institute (IN3) and Deputy Lead for Government Advocacy for Defense Entrepreneurs Forum (DEF). Dodd is a veteran of the U.S. Marine Corps (USMC).
- Steve Bryant, Regional Director of Indiana South Central Small Business Development Center and Executive Director of the Gayle and Bill Cook Center for Entrepreneurship at Ivy Tech Community College, who will emcee the discussion.
The Defense Entrepreneurs Forum is a non-profit network of problem solvers in the military, government and private sector that work together to increase innovation and support disruptive thinkers in the national security space. The mission of DEF is “Inspire – Connect – Empower” and involves not only monthly gatherings around the world, but periodic DEFx events, an annual conference, and ongoing collaboration via Slack, Facebook and LinkedIn.
If you are a military member, work in government, are an entrepreneur focused on national security, or find the idea of helping solve tough problems enticing, then DEF’s monthly Drink & Thinks are a great way to learn more.
Why should I register? Taking the couple minutes it takes to register helps the local DEF team to better prepare the planned space for everyone who plans on attending. Thanks in advance!
What are my transportation/parking options? Parking is available in the vicinity of the venue.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions? Feel free to message DEF any questions you may have on Facebook in advance, or shoot us an email. We don’t like spam, but are interested in just about anything else that falls into DEF lanes, so, when in doubt, reach out! We are, after all, about connecting people.